NEW! Choo! Choo! Chew!
PA Route 6 Railroad & Food Adventure! Travel across PA’s scenic northern tier on historic Route 6, called one of the most scenic roadways in American by National Geographic, on a multi-day custom trip that includes railroad heritage and food as well as panoramic vistas along the way. Theme sites and activities include the Stourbridge Line rail excursion along the scenic Lackawaxen River and Steamtown National Historic Site plus a visit to the Kinzua Glass-Bottomed Skywalk built on the supports of the Kinzua Viaduct, the highest and longest railroad bridge in the world when built in the 1880s. Visit the PA Lumber Museum’s authentically recreated lumber camp with railroad line, 1912 Shay locomotive, Civilian Conservation Corp buildings and visitors center, and enjoy covered wagon rides into the PA Grand Canyon on a rail trail beside Pine Creek. Delicious food along the way includes a chocolate factory tour plus dining options in a former Carnegie Library, former popcorn factory and two historic train stations that are now home to restaurants, and visit to Pattersons Maple Farm for a tour and deluxe tasting with ham, pancakes, and of course plenty of maple syrup!
This multi-day tour is customized to meet your needs with options from the Pocono Mountains in the east all the way along Route 6 to Erie in the west!
NEW! Fire & Ice Tours
Let us customize a one-day or multi-day tour for you in the scenic PA Poconos! Options include:
- Holley Ross Pottery. See how pottery is molded, fired in a kiln, etc. and browse in the outlet store.
- Stourbridge Line Train Excursion. Travel the lines where the Stourbridge Lion, the first steam engine in the US, ran. (Today’s engine is a diesel.)
- Sculpted Ice Works. See how blocks of ice are molded and hand-carved into works of art.
- Dorflinger Factory Museum. Explore the gallery museum full of world renown cut glass, learn how glass is frosted and more.
- Steamtown. Visit this national historic site dedicated to our railroad heritage.
- Mohegan Sun Casino. Is your luck running hot or cold? Find out at the casino!
- No. 9 Coal Mine. Head into the mine on a tram running along a horizontal shaft.
- Eckley’s Miners Village. Visit the museum and enjoy a walking or driving tour of the village to see how the miners lived.
- American Candle Shop. Find more than just the flicker of candles at this popular store that also features clothing, jewelry, candy, home décor and more.
- Christmas Factory. One of the largest Christmas stores you’ll find! We can’t promise Santa coming down the chimney but just about anything else Christmas, including 60 decorated trees, is here!
- Farm Tour. Meet the animals, browse in quaint shops, enjoy an ice cream treat!
Above & Below the PA Grand Canyon
Enjoy panoramic views of the PA Grand Canyon from the Leonard Harrison State Park where a visitors center welcomes groups to this natural wonder, 50 miles long and 1,000 feet deep embracing 300,000 square acres of forestland. Also enjoy views from below during horse-drawn covered wagon rides into the canyon’s upper gorge and along Pine Creek, as well as lunch at a historic Wellsboro restaurant and perhaps time for browsing in its quaint Victorian downtown which still featured gas street-lights. Tour usually includes a step-on guide to tell about the town’s famous landmark’s such as its Wynken, Blyken and Nod fountain in the town green, famous inhabitants including Nesmuck and other local legend and lore. One-day, Memorial Day weekend to late-Oct.
- Tour includes Covered Wagon Rides, PA Grand Canyon Overlook, Step-On Guide.
Route 6: A Panoramic PA Passage
Route 6, the Grand Army of the Republican Highway, travels from Cape Cod, MA to Long Beach, CA including 400 miles through scenic PA. Find out why National Geographic called it one of America’s most scenic byways on this tour featuring wonderful diversions along 300 miles on and off the highway including historic towns, scenic mountain views, quirky sites and more from Scranton to Erie with Jamestown NY options as a bonus. Multi-day tour, best May through Oct.
- Tour options include Steamtown National Historic Site, PA Grand Canyon, Covered Wagon Rides, Train Excursions, PA’s Largest Maple Farm, Zippo/Case Museum, Eldred WWII Museum, Casinos, Lake Cruise, Maritime Museum and the Brig Niagara, Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, Lucytown Tour, Wineries, PA Lumber Museum, Kinzua Glass-Bottomed Skywalk.
Lucy’s Jamestown & Erie’s Lake
Lucille Ball’s hometown and PA’s only port city!
Tour options include Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, Chautauqua Lake Cruise, Lucytown Driving Tour, Lucy’s Gravesite, Maritime Museum, Warner Theatre, Fenton History Center, Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson Center, Presque Isle, Tom Ridge Center.
NEW! PA Surf and Turf
Susquehanna River Cruise and Covered Wagon Rides!
Tour includes Susquehanna River Cruise, Covered Wagon Rides, and optional PA Grand Canyon and/or Historic Williamsport or Wellsboro.
Best of the Valley & Mountains
Covered wagon rides and boat cruise!
Tour includes Covered Wagon Rides, PA Grand Canyon, Guided Millionaires’ Row Tour, Riverboat Cruise, Victorian Mansion Museum, Historic Dining, Step-On Guides.
Dickens of a Christmas Festival
See Wellsboro turn into a Dickens' village for the day!
Tour includes Wellsboro’s Annual Festival with Food & Craft Vendors plus Strolling Entertainers, Holiday Theatre Presentation. (Dec. 3, 2016; Dec. 2, 2017.)
Erie Steeple Chase
Hit the high points of Erie, PA’s only port city.
Tour options include St. Patrick’s Church, Pulasko’s Chocolates, Warner Theatre, Wineries, Presque Isle Downs, Maritime Museum.