NEW! Trains, Trolleys and Tasty Treats
Northeastern PA Region – Those who love riding the rails and those who love good food will thoroughly enjoy this new tour in the beautiful mountains of the region. Tours will be customized with options including:
- Stourbridge Line Railroad one-hour or extended ride with option to visit the nearby Wayne County Historical Museum featuring a full-size replica of the Stourbridge Lion, America’s first steam engine, that made history in Honesdale
- Steamtown National Historic Site featuring railroad yard, history museum, theatre, technology museum and roundhouse, and short trip on the Scranton Limited
- Electric City Trolley Museum featuring interactive exhibits, extensive displays including vintage trolleys, a short film, and the chance to enjoy a narrated ride on an authentic 1926 or 1932 antique trolley for a 5 ½ mile trip over Roaring Brook through a mile-long tunnel and along the original “Laurel Line” up to PNC Field on Montage Mountain where you can peak into the site’s repair and restoration shop
- No. 9 Coal Mine to ride by rail 1600 feet into the mountain, explore an underground muleway, see a miner’s hospital, and visit the wash shanty museum at the site which opened in 1855 and is now the world’s oldest continuously operated anthracite coal mine
- Calkins Creamery to learn about the 200 cows that happily roam the farm and see how cheese is made on this farm for a farm-to-fork experience
- Moka Origins introduction and workshop tour where its bean-to-bar chocolate and craft coffee operation supports local farmers and communities in Cameroon and beyond
- Callie’s Pretzel Factory to see how these crunchy goodies are made and shop among the many specialty pretzel products
Also available are wine and beer tastings, casino gaming, Dorflinger Glass Factory Museum, Sculpted Ice Works Factory & Museum with ice carving demo, Holley Ross Pottery demo, private car museum, Eckley Miners’ Village
Fire & Ice Tours
Let us customize a one-day or multi-day tour for you in the scenic PA Poconos! Options include:
- Holley Ross Pottery. See how pottery is molded, fired in a kiln, etc. and browse in the outlet store.
- Stourbridge Line Train Excursion. Travel the lines where the Stourbridge Lion, the first steam engine in the US, ran. (Today’s engine is a diesel.)
- Sculpted Ice Works. See how blocks of ice are molded and hand-carved into works of art.
- Dorflinger Factory Museum. Explore the gallery museum full of world renown cut glass, learn how glass is frosted and more.
- Steamtown. Visit this national historic site dedicated to our railroad heritage.
- Mohegan Sun Casino. Is your luck running hot or cold? Find out at the casino!
- No. 9 Coal Mine. Head into the mine on a tram running along a horizontal shaft.
- Eckley’s Miners Village. Visit the museum and enjoy a walking or driving tour of the village to see how the miners lived.
- Moka Origins. Artisan chocolate and coffee company.
- Calkins Creamery. See cheese being made right on the farm.
- Visit a private collection of cars and organs. Unique and fun!