Choo! Choo! Chew!
PA Route 6 Railroad & Food Adventure! Travel across PA’s scenic northern tier on historic Route 6, called one of the most scenic roadways in American by National Geographic, on a multi-day custom trip that includes railroad heritage and food as well as panoramic vistas along the way. Theme sites and activities include the Stourbridge Line rail excursion along the scenic Lackawaxen River and Steamtown National Historic Site plus a visit to the Kinzua Glass-Bottomed Skywalk built on the supports of the Kinzua Viaduct, the highest and longest railroad bridge in the world when built in the 1880s. Visit the PA Lumber Museum’s authentically recreated lumber camp with railroad line, 1912 Shay locomotive, Civilian Conservation Corp buildings and visitors center, and enjoy covered wagon rides into the PA Grand Canyon on a rail trail beside Pine Creek. Delicious food along the way includes a chocolate factory tour plus dining options in a former Carnegie Library, former popcorn factory and two historic train stations that are now home to restaurants, and visit to Pattersons Maple Farm for a tour and deluxe tasting with ham, pancakes, and of course plenty of maple syrup!
This multi-day tour is customized to meet your needs with options from the Pocono Mountains in the east all the way along Route 6 to Erie in the west!
NEW! Fire & Ice Tours
Let us customize a one-day or multi-day tour for you in the scenic PA Poconos! Options include:
- Holley Ross Pottery. See how pottery is molded, fired in a kiln, etc. and browse in the outlet store.
- Stourbridge Line Train Excursion. Travel the lines where the Stourbridge Lion, the first steam engine in the US, ran. (Today’s engine is a diesel.)
- Sculpted Ice Works. See how blocks of ice are molded and hand-carved into works of art.
- Dorflinger Factory Museum. Explore the gallery museum full of world renown cut glass, learn how glass is frosted and more.
- Steamtown. Visit this national historic site dedicated to our railroad heritage.
- Mohegan Sun Casino. Is your luck running hot or cold? Find out at the casino!
- No. 9 Coal Mine. Head into the mine on a tram running along a horizontal shaft.
- Eckley’s Miners Village. Visit the museum and enjoy a walking or driving tour of the village to see how the miners lived.
- American Candle Shop. Find more than just the flicker of candles at this popular store that also features clothing, jewelry, candy, home décor and more.
- Christmas Factory. One of the largest Christmas stores you’ll find! We can’t promise Santa coming down the chimney but just about anything else Christmas, including 60 decorated trees, is here!
- Farm Tour. Meet the animals, browse in quaint shops, enjoy an ice cream treat!