NEW! Give Me Lucy, a Laugh & a Light
This fine an extravaganza of fun sites on a multi-day tour to Jamestown, NY and Bradford, PA! In Jamestown, Lucille Ball’s hometown, visit the Lucy-Desi Museum & Center for Comedy featuring reproductions of the I Love Lucy sets, personal mementos, a film tribute and even Lucy’s car plus enjoy a guided driving tour including Lucy’s gravesite. Also tour the National Comedy Center which recently won USA Today Readers Choice Award for Best New Museum, and Eat Like Lucy in the Tropicana Room. In Bradford enjoy the Zippo Museum’s exhibits including An Ally for the Allies (an exploration of Zippo’s contributions to the American effort in WWII), Zippo Rocks! (a rocking collection of Zippo’s role in the music throughout the years), and “It Works or We Fix It Free” (a glance into the company’s famous repairs center). Perhaps also visit the Marilyn Horne Museum where you’ll discover why Opera News once called Horne “probably the greatest singer in the world” and enjoy interactive exhibits and lavish costumes in a beautiful Art Deco exhibition space.
Additional options include a visit to the Eldred WWII Museum preserving the history of WWII in the town which was the site of a munitions plant, and the Kinzua Skywalk, a glass-bottomed structure extending 600 feet over and 230 above the bottom of the Kinzua Gorge on remnants of a railroad bridge from the 1800s known as one of the man-made wonders of the world at the time it was built.
NEW! Trains, Trolleys and Tasty Treats
Northeastern PA Region – Those who love riding the rails and those who love good food will thoroughly enjoy this new tour in the beautiful mountains of the region. Tours will be customized with options including:
- Stourbridge Line Railroad one-hour or extended ride with option to visit the nearby Wayne County Historical Museum featuring a full-size replica of the Stourbridge Lion, America’s first steam engine, that made history in Honesdale
- Steamtown National Historic Site featuring railroad yard, history museum, theatre, technology museum and roundhouse, and short trip on the Scranton Limited
- Electric City Trolley Museum featuring interactive exhibits, extensive displays including vintage trolleys, a short film, and the chance to enjoy a narrated ride on an authentic 1926 or 1932 antique trolley for a 5 ½ mile trip over Roaring Brook through a mile-long tunnel and along the original “Laurel Line” up to PNC Field on Montage Mountain where you can peak into the site’s repair and restoration shop
- No. 9 Coal Mine to ride by rail 1600 feet into the mountain, explore an underground muleway, see a miner’s hospital, and visit the wash shanty museum at the site which opened in 1855 and is now the world’s oldest continuously operated anthracite coal mine
- Calkins Creamery to learn about the 200 cows that happily roam the farm and see how cheese is made on this farm for a farm-to-fork experience
- Moka Origins introduction and workshop tour where its bean-to-bar chocolate and craft coffee operation supports local farmers and communities in Cameroon and beyond
- Callie’s Pretzel Factory to see how these crunchy goodies are made and shop among the many specialty pretzel products
Also available are wine and beer tastings, casino gaming, Dorflinger Glass Factory Museum, Sculpted Ice Works Factory & Museum with ice carving demo, Holley Ross Pottery demo, private car museum, Eckley Miners’ Village
Fire & Ice Tours
Let us customize a one-day or multi-day tour for you in the scenic PA Poconos! Options include:
- Holley Ross Pottery. See how pottery is molded, fired in a kiln, etc. and browse in the outlet store.
- Stourbridge Line Train Excursion. Travel the lines where the Stourbridge Lion, the first steam engine in the US, ran. (Today’s engine is a diesel.)
- Sculpted Ice Works. See how blocks of ice are molded and hand-carved into works of art.
- Dorflinger Factory Museum. Explore the gallery museum full of world renown cut glass, learn how glass is frosted and more.
- Steamtown. Visit this national historic site dedicated to our railroad heritage.
- Mohegan Sun Casino. Is your luck running hot or cold? Find out at the casino!
- No. 9 Coal Mine. Head into the mine on a tram running along a horizontal shaft.
- Eckley’s Miners Village. Visit the museum and enjoy a walking or driving tour of the village to see how the miners lived.
- Moka Origins. Artisan chocolate and coffee company.
- Calkins Creamery. See cheese being made right on the farm.
- Visit a private collection of cars and organs. Unique and fun!
Above & Below the PA Grand Canyon
Enjoy panoramic views of the PA Grand Canyon from the Leonard Harrison State Park where a visitors center welcomes groups to this natural wonder, 50 miles long and 1,000 feet deep embracing 300,000 square acres of forestland. Also enjoy views from below during horse-drawn covered wagon rides into the canyon’s upper gorge and along Pine Creek – one of our most popular activities! Guides on the wagons offer insight into the flora and fauna plus some legends and lore making the ride entertaining and educational as well as scenic. Dining is generally included at a historic restaurant or modern Italian restaurant, or can be on own in the quaint downtown which has a historic diner plus new cafe cafe options. And if you like browsing we can include time on Wellsboro’s quaint Victorian downtown which still features, a tradition department store and specialty shops set along the gas street-lights. Tour usually includes a step-on guide to tell about the town’s famous landmark’s such as its Wynken, Blyken and Nod fountain in the town green, famous inhabitants including Nesmuck and other local legend and lore. One-day, Memorial Day weekend to late-Oct.
- Tour includes Covered Wagon Rides, PA Grand Canyon Overlook, Step-On Guide.
Route 6: A Panoramic PA Passage
Route 6, the Grand Army of the Republican Highway, travels from Cape Cod, MA to Long Beach, CA including 400 miles through scenic PA. Find out why National Geographic called it one of America’s most scenic byways on this tour featuring wonderful diversions along 300 miles on and off the highway including historic towns, scenic mountain views, quirky sites and more from Scranton to Erie with Jamestown NY options as a bonus. Multi-day tour, best May through Oct.
- Tour options include Steamtown National Historic Site, PA Grand Canyon, Covered Wagon Rides, Train Excursions, PA’s Largest Maple Farm, Zippo/Case Museum, Eldred WWII Museum, Casinos, Lake Cruise, Maritime Museum and the Brig Niagara, Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, Lucytown Tour, Wineries, PA Lumber Museum, Kinzua Glass-Bottomed Skywalk.
Corning Sites & Canyon Highlights
A combination of sites in Corning, NY including the Corning Museum of Glass with hands-on experience plus the PA Grand Canyon in Wellsboro, PA for magnificent vistas, Victorian downtown and covered wagon ride options into the canyon gorge along Pine Creek. Best May to October.
Lucy’s Jamestown & Erie’s Lake
Lucille Ball’s hometown and PA’s only port city!
Tour options include Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, Chautauqua Lake Cruise, Lucytown Driving Tour, Lucy’s Gravesite, Maritime Museum, Warner Theatre, Fenton History Center, Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson Center, Presque Isle, Tom Ridge Center.
NEW! PA Surf and Turf
Susquehanna River Cruise and Covered Wagon Rides!
Tour includes Susquehanna River Cruise, Covered Wagon Rides, and optional PA Grand Canyon and/or Historic Williamsport or Wellsboro.
Best of the Valley & Mountains
Covered wagon rides and boat cruise!
Tour includes Covered Wagon Rides, PA Grand Canyon, Guided Millionaires’ Row Tour, Riverboat Cruise, Victorian Mansion Museum, Historic Dining, Step-On Guides.
Dickens of a Christmas Festival
See Wellsboro turn into a Dickens' village for the day!
Tour includes Wellsboro’s Annual Festival with Food & Craft Vendors plus Strolling Entertainers, Holiday Theatre Presentation. (Dec. 3, 2016; Dec. 2, 2017.)
Erie Steeple Chase
Hit the high points of Erie, PA’s only port city.
Tour options include St. Patrick’s Church, Pulasko’s Chocolates, Warner Theatre, Wineries, Presque Isle Downs, Maritime Museum.